Dear JHPCE community,
In the wake of the recent JHU announcements regarding COVID-19, we would like address concerns raised regarding the JHPCE cluster.
- Operationally there will be no changes for the JHPCE cluster. The JHPCE management and administrative personnel will continue to provide support for the cluster remotely in the event of a JHSPH building closure, but will retain access to the facility if an on-site presence is needed.
- There is a very small chance that the Bayview Colocation Facility will need to be powered down, and the cluster will need to also be shut down. In that event, we will notify the JHPCE community and gracefully shut down the cluster.
- Functionally, access to the cluster will still be done via Secure SHell (ssh). You may want to use ssh keys on your remote system. Please see https://jhpce.jhu.edu/knowledge-base/authentication/ssh-key-setup/ for information on setting up keys.
- You may want to look at utilizing MobaXterm via the SAFE desktop if you are using graphical programs (rstudio/SAS) as the protocols used for the SAFE desktop (Citrix) are more forgiving over slower network connections than straight-up X11 forwarding through ssh.
- As always, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.